If you own any type of business I am sure you’ve run into the frustrating question “why are the legitimate emails that I send are going to the recipients spam/junk folder”.
You are left pondering that why is it when you are trying to send legitimate emails containing time critical documents such as contract renewals, tax invoices etc. are being classified as spam?
Well, do not worry – following are the things you can do to avoid your emails from landing in the recipients junk folder.
- Test the Spammyness of your Emails using Mail Tester
- Check your Domain’s Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
- Set up SPF to Protect against phishing & prevent messages from being marked as spam in Google Workspace
- Check your DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) keys
- Check your Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) record.
- Ensure there are no broken links or large image or attachment files included in your emails
Optional Tip – To avoid your primary email domain such as abc.com or abc.com.au being blacklisted and classified as Spam in future, why not purchase an additional domain such as abc.biz and use that instead to send things like marketing emails, newsletters etc.
If you would like assistance with setting the above up or your emails are still being marked as Spam despite following the above guidelines, chat to us or give us a call on 08 9467 9646.